Enriching lives through guidance, advocacy and care…..
Is what the dedicated professionals of Lifecare Innovations do each and every day. Our professional staff delivers a myriad of services designed to handle just about any challenge with which an individual may be presented. No matter how big or how small, our staff makes the complex simple by untangling every aspect of an individual’s challenges, identifying solutions, facilitating resources and implementing therapeutic interventions to maximize quality of life and independence regardless of a person’s age or disability status.
Lifecare Innovations, unique in its vision and mission, submits that Life Care Management is not limited in scope or boundary by age or relation of person in need. In fact, Lifecare Innovations works with individual’s of all ages, including those contending with psychiatric challenges, developmental disabilities, catastrophic injuries, age-related frailties and other conditions that make full independence unattainable. Our work is done with and for individuals, family members, and/or related professionals including Attorneys and Trust Professionals. Lifecare Innovations employs professionals in the areas of Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Forensic Psychology and other related fields to expertly handle any number of situations and needs.
The care plan development process involves assessing and coordination of a variety of resources in order to master and maintain independence and to improve quality of life for as long as possible. In most cases, a care plan tailored for each individual’s circumstances is prepared after a comprehensive assessment. The care plan is fluid, being modified as needed based on the effectiveness of its components and the resulting outcomes desired. Our Life Care Managers accomplish this through working knowledge of public and private resources and funding sources while advocating for clients throughout the continuum of care. In some specialty and complex cases involving catastrophic or long term care needs, a Life Care Plan is one of the key tools utilized in advocating and planning for clients. In other challenging situations, Guardianship may be called for due to issues related to decisional capacity combined with a lack of other available social supports. Lifecare Home Solutions, a related company, can help guide family and/or other professionals through the process of valuation, dissemination and wrapping up of remaining estate issues.
Following are some indicators that Lifecare Innovations may be able to assist in the care of your client or loved one:
- The individual can’t remember what the doctor said and so is unable to follow the advice.
- The individual “mixes up” their medications, such as running out of medications, taking too much medication, filling prescriptions at multiple pharmacies, continuing to take discontinued or expired medications, etc.
- The individual calls you several times a day, going over the same issues, and not being able to remember or execute your instructions.
- The individual “forgets” to pay their bills and the phone and utilities get turned off.
- The individual does not file their tax returns or pay their property taxes placing their estate, typically a person’s largest asset, at risk.
- The individual repeatedly and frequently donates to charities and is vulnerable to mail and phone solicitors.
- The individual has “friends” that start gaining too much information about their finances.
- The individual starts signing up for unneeded services such as credit card insurance, excessive lawn service, etc.
- The individual has a medical crisis that threatens their independence i.e., broken hip.
- You suspect the individual is not eating correctly.
- The individual needs a health care treatment, service, or a piece of equipment and your insurance company denies the request.
- The individual does not understand their medical bills and needs someone to determine who is responsible, the individual, the insurance company, or the medical provider. Who owes what to whom?
- A provider is not fulfilling their contractual obligation to furnish particular services (cleaning, lawn service, snow removal, etc.)
- The problems that you or your loved ones are facing are becoming larger and more complex than you can comfortably manage.
Lifecare Innovations, Inc. (LCI) was incorporated in 1995 in Connecticut. In 1999 the founder launched the Life Care Management arm of the company that serves the greater Chicagoland area. Since 1995, Lifecare Innovations has earned a reputation as a business that can handle any problem. The founder, Shay Jacobson RN, MA, NMG, LNCC, CNLCP has utilized her education, experiences and business acumen to build the premier Life Care advisory company in the field. The company has overcome obstacles – opening its doors at the onset of an economic recession and offering services that are entirely private pay – to achieve unparalleled success. The company is the American success story – it leverages individuals’ professional experience and drive to create a value-added product that benefits the community and, at the same time, is a flourishing business.
Lifecare Innovations, since inception, has focused on the most complex cases that challenge family systems, the community, trust officers and attorneys involving complex medical issues, age related frailties, mental illness and complex family dynamics, special needs planning for children and adults, personal injury and workman’s compensation, and those facing criminal charges due to mental illness. In so doing, the company has remained responsive to the market place focusing on unmet needs and challenges that disability and frailty cause which are poorly met by present day systems.
Our continuing mission to serve others allows us to remain client centered and market driven. We also offer speaking engagements on a variety of topics.
Lifecare Innovations has the largest complement of professional staff of any Care Management company in the country. Our clinical staff is comprised of nurses, social workers and psychology professionals with advanced degrees and a plethora of experience with the frail elderly, those impacted by mental illness or debilitating personality disorders, developmental disabilities and personal injuries.
Awards and Company Memberships:
Our clinical staff holds memberships in professional national and local associations including the National Association of Social Workers, the American Psychological Association, The Aging Life Care Association and the National Guardianship Association. Additionally the company is active in a variety of other professional and community groups including:
The Better Business Bureau
Membership and faculty status with The Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) including: The IICLE Advisory Committee for Eldercare
Member of Association of Senior Service Providers for DuPage County
DuPage Estate Planning Council
Illinois Guardianship Association
National Guardianship Association
Lake County Bar Association
Home Care Association of America (formerly National Private Duty Association)
Northwest Suburban Estate Planning Council
Fox Valley Estate Planning Council
Illinois Continuity of Care Association
Lifecare Innovations is a proud A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau of Chicago. The Better Business Bureau of Northern Illinois awarded Lifecare Innovations the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics in 2008 for our stellar business practices and was subsequently invited to submit an entry for the 2010 International Better Business Bureau Torch Award.
Health Care Power of Attorney:
In Lifecare Innovation’s professional consultative role, we are able to be named as Health Care Power of Attorney and/or Power of Attorney for Property in order to assist in managing and directing current and future needs. Many individuals and couples have pre-named Lifecare Innovations in these capacities as a part of their estate planning process. In so doing, these individuals, who otherwise would have no available, capable, willing or appropriate decision maker have gained peace of mind that their affairs will be handled expediently and professionally should the need arise. Lifecare Innovations encourages consultation with one of their professional representatives to review this process and requires an attorney draft the official Power of Attorney documents in order to accept this honored agency.
Lifecare Innovations has coined the term “special services” for the management of those additional nagging items that require particularly special attention from an administrative eye. Our special services duties include managing items such as monthly bill payment, checkbook management, local and federal entitlement applications, Medicare Part D enrollment, long term care insurance review and claims submission and the like. Our skilled professionals proficiently and efficiently handle the following issues alone or in conjunction with active clinical Life Care Management, Guardianship or Lifecare Home Solutions services.
- Medical bill management, which encompasses review of all medical bills, follow up with insurance claims and identification of appropriate patient portions due;
- Checkbook management and/or establishment of an escrow account from which all client bills can be monitored and paid;
- Development of a customized Medicare D profile and enrollment in the plan that delivers the most medications at the lowest cost for each individual user;
- Evaluation of existing private insurance coverage and recommendations for improved coverage;
- Negotiation of medical expenses and/or hospital charges not covered by insurance;
- Submission of medical and long-term care insurance claims, including document gathering and ongoing follow up;
- Completion of lengthy Public Aid applications and coordination of the document gathering process;
- Assistance with applications for social security disability (SSDI) and Illinois special insurance programs such as I-CHIP and KID CARE.
- Marshalling of assets for complicated estate or guardianship cases.
- Compilation of Medicaid documents and completion of application