Lifecare Home Solutions offers a comprehensive array of services for homes and small commercial properties. This niche market was developed due to the paucity of professional services for smaller properties that challenge families, financial planners, and trust departments who are responsible for care and welfare of people with disabilities and issues of aging.
If the owner of a property is no longer able to manage it themselves, it is important to find professionals who can secure the home and perform other essential services to assure the property remains safe and undamaged, especially when vacant.
Lifecare Home Solutions specializes in just such situations. We take care of the property as if it were our own, coordinating the basics from garbage collection, snowplowing, and lawn mowing to the more complex tasks of working with the city to remediate code violations. We work with bonded and insured service providers who can perform repairs, keep the exterior maintained and prepare homes for sale.
Specific ways we can help include:
- Watching homes when the client is away from the property for extended periods of time.
- Securing homes and personal property after a life event which has left the property unexpectedly vacant.
- Coordination of a relocation if a client is downsizing or transitioning to a facility.
- Preparing a home for sale by arranging for appraisals, obtaining comparative market analyses and real estate listing agreements, and overseeing repairs to ready the home for the market.
- Acting as a liaison with tenants and helping to troubleshoot and solve problems, as approved by the responsible party.
- Performing a home safety assessment and arranging for the installation of adaptive equipment.
- Addressing code violations with cities when the property has fallen into disrepair or when the client has contributed items to the property that are a challenge to the community at large or violate public health regulations.
- Making arrangements for lawn care, snow removal and other household services when a homeowner can no longer perform these tasks independently.
- Assisting hoarders with the reorganization of their environments.
- Arranging for estate sales for personal property either on- or off-site, dependent upon the situation.
- Liquidation of larger items such as cars or boats.
- Distribution of personal property according to wills or the guidance of the trust.
- Managing contentious situations such as evictions and coordinating distribution events among difficult beneficiaries.
Lifecare Home Solutions follows policies and procedures that cautiously protect the estate as well as the employees, such as two-person protocols for all inventories, securing of cash and valuables off site as soon as discovered, and removal of firearms through qualified FOB (fire arms bearing) services. Securing of valuables and making environments safe are the two primary concerns with the initial two-person inspection of any property. The company holds its own bonding to further protect the estates of our clients.
Whether a property needs temporary or longer-term oversight, contact Lifecare Home Solutions to explore the specific ways we can protect the property, its owners and those who are responsible (trust officers, guardians or agents under the Power of Attorney) for its continued welfare. We can be the eyes and ears for geographically distant family members and can spot-check the property to be assured service providers are doing the work for which they have been engaged.